Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Solution to Overcome Your Fear

How many of you walk around daily feeling that you should be accomplishing something great? At the same time, you are struggling with old thought patterns. What is holding you back from living your dreams? Could it be fear of not knowing what to expect.

It could even be phrases that you have heard your entire life which you now have filed in your personal library words of limitation. Limitation creates fear, which will hinder you from reaching your goals in life.

What is fear? We create fear from our imaginations, by visualizing the outcome and bringing it into existence. According to Webster the word fear is associated with the words paralyze, torment and agony. Let us take a look at the word fear. Webster describes fear as dread, alarm, anxiety, an unpleasant emotion caused by coming evil or danger, to regard with fear, to hesitate, or shrink from.

Looking at the word paralyze it means to cripple, to make useless or ineffectual, and having incapacity to move or feel. Torment is torture or agony in body or mind. Agony is an extreme suffering in body or mind, and violent struggle (Webster, 1993)

Whatever happened in the past let it go. I know this is easily said than done, but you have to press through in order to get your breakthrough. Fear has held you hostage long enough, and this is your time to blossom into the person you were created to be.

The key to success is letting go of the past, so you can step into your destiny, otherwise, all you are doing is dragging behind you baggage, that weighs you down. Unnecessary baggage zaps your energy, and causes you to live in a self-sabotage mode.

The opposite of fear is faith. Look at it this way, sometimes a person has more faith in their fears, than faith to believe things will work out for the good. My old thinking pattern and the fear that I was harboring crippled my success.

My friends laugh when I tell them that I was shy, and would only share a few words with people. I used to be afraid to deliver a speech, before a class for only a few minutes. Now, I speak before thousands, and have to watch my time to make sure I am able to get in all the pertinent information.

When you realize that what you have on the inside is a great benefit to others you are right on the threshold to living your dream. I have learned to face my fears to the point where fear has lost its grip on my life.

Now, I have found that I am enjoying life more, since I have boldly made a stance, that I no longer will be trapped, by this thing called fear. I had to come to a realization, that I had created my fears from past experiences.

As a creative person, I used my creative energy to form a scene of the outcome of a situation. Once I learned to harness my thoughts and renew my mind to only accept the right thoughts, then things began to change. I would see the changes instantly. Even money would show up from unexpected places.

I began to think on good positive results, and used my creative abilities to unfold a better outcome. Scientists state that we use only 10% of our brain. We were created to be creators, so why not use the gifts that we possess to enable us to live a more fulfilling life.

How many of you spend your “creative mode” called daydreaming in the incorrect way? Daydreaming is no more than “creative sessions” where from a span of time your energy is concentrated toward a certain scene. The scenes that you see in your mind’s eye taking place are real. Pay close attention to your thoughts.

Choose to make a decision that you will use your creative abilities to bring your dreams to pass. It may take some time, but it is worth the effort. Let me ask this question again, “How many of you walk around daily feeling that you should be accomplishing something great?

You must make a firm decision that you will no longer be a prisoner to fear. Fear has not helped you in the past, so why drag it into your future. Try this, whatever you are fearful of make a firm decision to face it head-on. An example may be you have a fear of speaking in front of people, instead find an opportunity where you can express your feelings. It may even be at a school assembly, where you can share your expertise. Whatever it may be, use that fear as a launching pad to propel you further toward your destiny.


Gertrude J Chapman

Author, Motivational Speaker, Entrepreneur
http://www.yourturningpoint.info
gchapman@yourturningpoint.info




Collins Gem Webster’s Dictionary (1993). New York: Harper Collins

No comments:

Post a Comment